Thursday, January 31, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday - The Doily Box, Part 4

For those of you who are still with me, thank you!


Nothing fancy, but I do like the square look of this doily.



Another garage sale find, and they came as a set.  Perhaps a plate mat and coaster?


Another vintage purple doily.  If it's purple, I'll buy it!


I think this creation is to be used as a doily - obviously done from a "cutter quilt" with a crocheted edging.  Too thick for a dishcloth, not thick enough for a potholder.  Looking at the points of the stars, it makes me wonder if those pieces were made from another quilt. (A quilt made from a cutter quilt, which was made into whatever this is)


I do love doilies like this - intricate (and labor intensive).  Someone put a lot of love into this.



This is unusual - about 10" high.  I found it at a garage sale, and had never seen anything like it before, so I had to have it.  

Guess what?  That's right, there's more.  I told you this was a big box!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who buys old doilies at garage and estate sales! They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete